Saturday, February 2, 2008

Thought I need a change


Was it just me?? Or maybe its the culture here. The last time I was here someone in the car threw a bottle at me while I was riding, it hit my face. I tried so hard to hold back tears but couldn't, I was just lucky I had my shades on. My friend didn't have to see that. Of course it wasn't pleasent feeling but......

Its just my nature to be a bit shy and quiet, I like to be alone sometimes and do my own thing. I do have friends and best friends at home but its hard for me to make new ones. I really envy the way Barbara gets along with everyone she meets, just by observing her I learn something. 

After much thought and search  within myself I think I do have that lil fun and humor in me. I could do it so easily back home, there should be no reason why I cant do it here. People here are different but they are still humans. So I decided to make change, I cut my hair real short for a start. It feels so much better in training, one thing to stop worrying about. And I actually feel so at home after making that change. I still have 5 weeks to go here I might as well enjoy myself in training and get energy from the group to keep me going. Good luck to new Kimmy!!

3 comments:

Libby Burrell said...

Kim.. It seems life in the "land of Oz" is a great learning and growing experience for you proving once again the real magic of our sport. Keep up the good work. Libby

Kimmy said...

Yes it is. i'll be a much better try-athlete when I get back. Thanks so much.

Azman said...

Kim, I think that you are one of the few national athletes who has passion. And as far as attributes a person can have, being passionate ranks highest. So stand tall. You are the best. And we, Malaysians are proud of you.

The bottle incident maybe is just an Australian thing. My friend studying there experienced similar situation. Luckily there was a tempered glass window between her and the bottle. Just let it go, well knowing you're the better person. Or you could just chase the car and punch the guy in the face. With such muscle on you, those guys don't stand a chance!

Go Kimmy!